Saturday, July 2, 2011

Field Trip To AT&T Park

Last year was Paige's first year at preschool and during the summer they go on 3 field trips. Because I was home with a new baby, I could not attend the field trips and I was a little uncomfortable sending my 3 year old on bus rides to San Jose or the beach with her school. Call me crazy and over protective, but my gut was telling me not to send her. Not that I don't trust her teacher's, I just felt she was too little and would never remember that I didn't let her go.

This year, I couldn't wait for the field trips, because I could go!! Alyssa is fine staying with Grandma all day. The first field trip was to AT&T Park in San Francisco. Paige & Jimmy were super excited and honestly, so was I! We gathered at school and walked to the train station. At the station everyone sat and enjoyed a snack as we waited for our train to arrive.
Enjoying our grapes while waiting for the train!
We boarded the train and rode it to San Francisco. The end of the line station is located about 2 long blocks from AT&T Park. We walked to the back of the park where there is a mini baseball field, the Barry Bonds Junior Giants Field. We enjoyed a picnic lunch and the kids got to play some baseball.
Jimmy trying to hit the ball.
Jimmy humoring me for a photo.
After some lunch and playtime at the field, we headed over to the ball park where the kids had more playtime on the big Coca Cola slides.

WAIT FOR US MOM!!!


This is Jimmy having a full blown tantrum because the lady at the ball park wouldn't let him go down the biggest slide. He had to be 42" tall and he measured 39". I felt so bad for him.
There was also another mini ball field where the kids lined up to play baseball.
Paige running the bases after hitting the ball!! Go Paige!
Our friends. Trying to get them to take a group photo was almost impossible!
This was such a great day. I had so much fun and was smiling from ear to ear all day. I probably had just as much fun as the kids did. As much as I missed Alyssa, it was nice to spend the day with Paige & Jimmy and give them my undivided attention. Not having to worry about Alyssa's crying, diaper changes, eating schedule and napping. Just me, Paige & Jimmy having fun with each other and our friends. I know Paige & Jimmy knew this was special too...having me all to themselves. What also made it extra fun, is that two of my very good friends went on the field trip too! It was so awesome to spend this special day with them and all of our kids.
After a fun filled day at the park, we headed back to the train station, where all the kids (and adults too!) were treated to an ice cream sandwich while we waited to board our train. We had a relaxing train ride back home and then the long walk back to school.
Heading home.
We were all so exhausted when we arrived back at Grandma's house. Alyssa was overjoyed to see me, she screamed with excitement when I walked in the door. I was just as excited to see her and hold her, but the day was a long overdue break from her.

"I love you Paige & Jimmy and I am so glad to have spent this amazing day with you! I am looking forward to the next field trip in a couple of weeks!"

No comments:

Post a Comment