Thursday, July 21, 2011

My Little Climber

The first two years with Paige & Jimmy, unfortunately are a bit of a blur, so I have been recently refreshed on the heart-stopping stage of climbing. Alyssa will be 16 months old in a few days and this has been her month to figure out that she can climb up and onto almost anything. It is absolutely nerve racking to walk into a room and find her standing on a chair, the couch or the bed. I have to let her explore and learn, but it is so hard when she does not have a sense of what is dangerous yet. Although, she does start to cry and moan if she cannot get down, which is the case most of the time.

It all started a few months ago, when she learned how to climb the ladder to Paige's top bunk bed (the ladder is unhooked every morning and put up to avoid this!). This month, however, she has gone full speed ahead. And this is my baby that really doesn't have any fear.
Climbing the ladder to Paige's bed.

Exploring the counter top!

Reading mommy & daddy's Kindle.

Chairs are the favorite!

Yes, and we can't forget the toilet. She even figured out how to unfold the step stool and use it to climb up! This one is my personal favorite.

Paige & Jimmy survived this phase without any major bumps, bruises or broken bones, so I am sure Alyssa will be just fine. Of course, you realize, I had to leave her in all the above positions so I could run and grab my camera!

No comments:

Post a Comment