Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Gearing Up for Halloween

I love Halloween and I can already feel the holidays in the air as we approach the upcoming season. Paige & Jimmy have been talking about Halloween since August. They knew what they were going to be before we even went on vacation this summer.

Our Halloween activities usually kick off with a trip to the pumpkin patch. In the past years, Pacifica has had at least 3 pumpkin patches to choose from. All 3 of which boasted $5.00 pumpkins, complete with a jumpy house and/or giant inflatable slide. Which makes a trip to the patch with 3 kids not a bank breaking excursion. This year was a bit disappointing. There is only one pumpkin patch in town and the selection was a bit slim. Plus they weren't offering the fantastic pricing. They had 3 jumpy houses and a giant slide and even the pricing on that was a bit ridiculous.

We splurged on the jumpy houses for Paige & Jimmy, while Alyssa wandered around the patch checking everything out.

I felt bad our trip this year wasn't quite how the past years were. Although, I may be the only one who noticed. The kids didn't even ask about picking out pumpkins, they were so pumped up about the jumpy houses.
I mostly want the adorable photo of all 3 kids in their Halloween shirts. Of course, this lovely October day, it happened to be about 78 degrees on the coast and my poor children were dying of heat stroke in their adorable long sleeve shirts and long pants. When we returned to the car, they were stripping down to their underwear, they were so hot.
Well, I got my wonderful photo at the expense of my kids suffering in the heat. At least they look happy in the picture! Two days later, I went to Lucky's and bought our pumpkins...3 for $10.00. Now that's a price I can live with!

No comments:

Post a Comment