Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Paige Turns 5

The only thing I have to say about Paige turning 5 is...OMG, where did my baby go? Of course she will always be my baby, but she is just getting so big.

What happened to this 5 month old baby?!?!

That baby turned into this beautiful angel.

Paige had a great birthday this year. For her special day, we went to Children's Fairyland in Oakland. A perfect place for kids this age. Even Alyssa loved it. It was just myself and the three kids on our excursion. We arrived about 10:15 am and once inside, the kids were off exploring. We enjoyed the 11am puppet show of the Velveteen Rabbit. We checked out every inch of the park and went on all the slides and rides. Fortunately the weather held up, even though it was a little cold.


For Paige's birthday dinner, she chose Red Lobster. She loves that place (I wonder why!). It was just myself, Paige & Jimmy for dinner, because unfortunately Doug was sick. We left Alyssa home with him because eating out is much more pleasurable without a 21 month old in tow. Paige had fish, macaroni and cheese and broccoli for dinner. The best part was the staff singing happy birthday to her over an ice cream sundae!


Paige continues to amaze me every day. She is such a sweet, caring little girl. She has nothing but love for her baby brother and sister. Of course siblings fight, but she is always looking out for them both in any situation. In some instances, I am getting a glimpse into the teenage years with her (which I am not looking forward to!), but I am soaking up every moment of her needing me or wanting a hug, kiss or snuggle. She is excelling in pre-school and in swimming. She loves hula class and dancing. Come over to our house for a dance show starring Paige any time. She loves to put on dance performances in the living room.

We are on the brink of Kindergarten this year ahead and I know she is going to seem so much bigger to me once she starts school. She is looking forward to Kindergarten and seems ready and eager for the change. That first day of school is going to be much harder for me!


 
Happy birthday my dear Paige! I hope you had the best birthday. You are truly my little sunshine!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment