Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Four Is My New Two

I will always happily proclaim that 2 is my favorite age. In some ways they still resemble a baby but they're starting to loose the baby fat and you can slowly see the little kid coming out. Their vocabulary blossoms and you are constantly in amazement at the words and sentences that come out of their mouth. Their motor skills are developing rapidly, beginning to run and climb. It is an awesome year.

Next month Paige will be 4. I am in awe at how fast the time has gone. How is she 4 already? Regardless of how fast we got here, we are here, and if this past month is a peek into what 4 is going to be like, then I think this might be my new favorite age. She has become ultra cuddly, very understanding, compassionate and sensitive. Her ability to understand what is going on around her is astounding. Whether it be directions, reasons why she can or cannot do something or her adorable way of finding another solution to a problem. She has suddenly become rather cuddly, curling up in my lap for a snuggle. Randomly throughout the day, she will come over and say, "mommy, I love you", coupled with a big hug. Yes, that melts my heart into a pool of butter at her feet every time.

She is so gentle and sweet with her baby sister. Watching them play together is indescribable. Paige talks to her so sweetly, helps her with all her toys and tries at every possible moment to make her laugh. It is awesome to watch the two of them get going laughing at each other. Alyssa just lights up when ever Paige walks into the room or gives her any attention.

Lovey Sisters. Look at Alyssa's happy face!
Sweet kisses for baby sister. Alyssa is just eating it up!

Every day I am in amazement at how fast my kids are growing. Every day is a new adventure, never knowing what they will say or do. One day Paige is scribbling all over her coloring books and yesterday she proudly presents me a Christmas Mickey Mouse page colored almost completely within the lines. When did that happen?? I am always running into older ladies at the store who will ooohh and aaahhh over how cute the kids are. It never fails that their last sentence as they part from me is, "enjoy them now....they grow up fast!" Seriously. They do.

So stay tuned this year. I have a feeling you will see a lot more, "Paige's Quote of the Day" postings! And even though we arrived here a bit quicker than I expected, I am happy to accept this lovely new age of being fabulously 4. Anything is better than the tantrum infested terrible three's!

No comments:

Post a Comment