Monday, November 8, 2010

The Plague Has Arrived

The plague is beginning its takeover at my house. It arrived on Saturday night at 2:00 am when I awoke to Jimmy screaming in his bed. I bolt upright and run down the hallway, swing open the door to find him sitting in his bed crying and covered in vomit. Excellent. Why can't this happen at 2:00 in the afternoon? Poor little guy, he was so scared. I run out to the kitchen to get a bowl and return back to his bed just in time for another round. We made it into the bowl. All done, now I pick him up...carefully. Remove the pajamas, just so. Put new ones on and then proceed to strip the bed. Run everything to the garage to start a load of laundry and come back to remake the bed. Get him all settled with a bowl and a sippy cup with water. He nuzzles back into his pillow and closes his eyes.

Of course during this raucous, Alyssa decides it's a good time to wake up for food. Doug went in and changed her and held her until I was done with Jimmy.

After everyone is settled, I climb back into my bed. "Sigh." My first thought is "who is next?" Once a germ enters this household, all are doomed. We never know who it will strike next and how fast. I don't care if everyone in the house is vomiting, as long as it is not me. When I go down, then things fall apart a bit. It is really bad if Doug and I go down at the same time. That has only happened once and I never want it to happen again.

Well, almost 48 hours later, the germ has now taken down Paige. Fortunately this happened right before bedtime tonight and not at 2:00 am. While reading stories with Doug on the couch, she jumped up and started running and crying. I was cleaning up in the kitchen and turned to look at what she was doing. I could tell by the look on her face...I pushed her into a full blown sprint down the hallway to the bathroom. We made it. A half an hour later, we weren't so lucky. I didn't have to change a bed though. I really do love hardwood floors, so easy to clean.

Two down, 3 to go. So who is next?

Stay tuned...

1 comment:

  1. Poor babies! Hope everyone is on the road to recovery. Mare

    ReplyDelete