Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Thankful

For as much as I bitch and complain about life and kids on this blog, I have to stop and realize that I am thankful for so many things. Tomorrow kicks off the start of the holiday season and I am beginning to feel it. Even though the lights went up on my house 2 weekends ago, when the weather was nice, we already visited and took pictures with Santa and I have begun putting my tree up today. The weather has started to get really cold and I can almost smell the turkey in the air. Since having kids, the holidays have become a favorite time of year for me.

Reasons to be thankful this year:
  1. After one miscarriage and an extremely rough pregnancy...the arrival of our beautiful daughter Alyssa.
  2. My other 2 amazing children, Paige & Jimmy.
  3. My husband, who is extremely loving and helpful, even though I don't tell him that enough.
  4. My mother. I don't know what I would do without her.
  5. My father. Who's spirit always remains high and no matter what, always has a hug and an "I love you" when I see him.
  6. My brother. Every day I am thankful for the relationship we have.
  7. That, although tight, we can survive on a single income and I can be a stay at home mom for my kids. Even though I complain a lot, I cherish every moment.
  8. Good health. Us and all my family and friends are healthy.
  9. We are constantly surrounded by wonderful people...friends, neighbors and family.
Sometimes we need to stop and think, it doesn't get much better than that.

Here's to a happy, healthy holiday season!

    No comments:

    Post a Comment