Thursday, October 28, 2010

Paige's Quote of the Day

While trying to get Paige ready for school this morning, I was calling her over to me to get her shoes and jacket on. She was engrossed in the television...

1st time: "Honey, come here and get your shoes and jacket on."
No reaction.
2nd time: "Paige can you please come here and get your shoes and jacket on so we can leave for school."
No reaction.
3rd time: "PAIGE!! GET OVER HERE NOW TO GET YOUR SHOES AND JACKET ON!!"

She looks at me. Sad eyes. Doesn't say anything and walks over to me and sits down. I begin to put her shoes on.

"Sweetheart, I am sorry I yelled, but I had to ask you 3 times to come over here."
"Why weren't you listening to me?"

Her casual response, "Sorry mommy, I didn't have my brain turned on."

No comments:

Post a Comment