Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Scrapbooking


I am sure many of you are well aware of this phenomenon called Scrapbooking. Holy crap. This stuff is crazy...and expensive. I had no idea that the Michaels in Colma practically has half their store dedicated to this area of crafting. My sister-in-law Melissa is really into scrapbooking. I personally have not seen her "stash", but I hear it is quite impressive. From a beautiful range of papers to decorative scissors, paper punches, embellishments and who knows what else.

In going through my garage one day, I came across a bag of cards and miscellaneous items from my wedding and bridal shower. I told Melissa I had this stuff and wondered if she would be willing to do a scrapbook of my bridal shower for me. She jumped at the opportunity! I went and bought a book, a few extra pages and ordered all the pictures I wanted displayed. When I had all my stuff organized, I handed her the bag and said have at it. About 2 months later, she handed me back a beautiful product. I was so impressed! I haven't given her all the stuff to do my wedding one yet, but will be excited to see what she does with it.

I have always liked scrapbooking. The finished product is so nice. Great idea for keepsake albums of weddings, babies, vacations and numerous other memories. But even being the crafty, creative person that I am, I never had much interest in venturing into this unknown world. 

Growing up, my mom did baby books for both me and my brother. To this day, I still enjoy looking through that book. Seeing my newborn pics, how I grew through the months and all the little tidbits of info my mom jotted down. I really wanted to have these keepsakes for my kids in hopes that they too, would enjoy them in the years to come. So I embark on my first scrapbooking journey. My goal is to complete one for each of my 3 kids. I started with Jimmy's because he is the middle child and I didn't want him to feel like I never did anything for him!

I must say the book is coming along quite nicely. And so I don't get sucked into the scrapbooking vortex, I am working on one book at a time. Taking it to full completion before moving onto the next. But man, I do have to say, I thought Facebook sucked the time out of my day...this is worse!

1 comment:

  1. i wanna see the bridal shower invite page :) Did she do one for the cute little kimono invite?

    ReplyDelete